1918 Farm Directory
Jefferson and Lewis Counties, New York
The American Agriculturist Farm Directory and Reference Book published in 1918 provided a list of individuals / farms in Jefferson and Lewis Counties. It not only included individuals engaged in farming but also those in related businesses.
- The directory was organized as follows:
- Surname of individual followed by first name and second name/initial
- Wife’s name (if married)
- Number of children living at home
- Name of individual’s farm (if it has a name)
- The individual’s business or occupation
- The chief crop or specialty
- Crop of specialty which the individual has for sale
- The property upon which the individual has residence
- The number of the rural delivery route / street address / post office from which mail is received
- Name of township in which the individual lives
- The highway on which the individual has residence
One item we’ve omitted from the list is if the individual has a telephone. All abbreviations have been expanded. The transcription is complete. The map that was included with the original is too large and complex to publish online. Select portions of the map are available via email.
Enter either the full or partial surname. Names are presented in a surname, first name sort. Note: there are no surnames beginning with the letter 'X'.