1810 Federal Census
Jefferson County, New York
The 1810 Federal Census was the first federal census conducted after the formation of Jefferson County in 1805.
- Enumerators were asked to include the following groups:
- Name of head of household
- Free white males (WM) in age groups of 0-10, 10-15, 16-25, 26-44, 45 and older
- Free white females (WF) in age groups of 0-10, 10-15, 16-25, 26-44, 45 and older
- Number of other free persons except Indians not taxed (not on site)
- Number of slaves (not on site)
- Town / District and County of residence
Note: Currently two groups, the Number of Slaves and Number of Other Free Persons, are not included in the listing.
Enter either the full or partial surname. The search will work with just a single first letter of the last name. Names are presented in a surname, first name sort order. At the bottom of the details page there is a link to bring you back to the search results page.
Search by Name